Friday, January 9, 2009

Congratulations Florida Gators, on the National Championship!



I want to offer a huge congratulations to the Florida Gators, on winning the National Championship in NCAA football last night! Yes, I live in Norman, OK, home of the OU Sooners, and I am a die-hard Sooners fan, and I will always love my Sooners! I am proud of you guys, and hey, we make it to the bowl games every year... you don't have to prove to anyone that you are an awesome team! Out of 119 teams, we made it to the National Finals, and our awesome quarterback, Sam Bradford, won the Heisman Trophy this year... no small feat!!! But, although I am a huge Sooners fan (you should see my bedroom, nothing but Sooner gear! lol), I have to admit... checking over my shoulder to make sure no fanatical Sooner fan is going to attack me... if I HAD to choose one team to win the finals over us, it would be the Florida Gators. Their team is awesome, no debating that, just look at the great season they had... AND they won the Nationals year before last as well! But the thing that impresses me most is their players. Their Quarterback, Tim Tebow, won the Heisman last year, and was nominated again this year. For anyone that doesn't know, out of the 119 teams, I believe it's three players that are nominated for the Heisman. But, even better than his playing ability, is the person that Tim Tebow is off the field! He is a great leader, and a super example for football players, fans and anyone else! Watch this short video, that pretty much sums it all up.



Anyway, I'll always love my Sooners, but am thankful that, with the Florida win, a real role model and legend will be focused on, and Tim Tebow is a great example for us all, on living, and the true important things in life. Congratulations!!!



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Inspirational video about Tim!

    Even though my home teams have been the SF 49rs and/or the Oakland Raiders, I used to love watching the Miami Dolphens Quarterback, as well as the Dallas Cowboys Quarterback. One of their names was Ellway (I believe), and the other's Ellinger. Nothing like watching them 'tear-up' and contributing to a 'game truly worth watching when playing my home teams!! Thanks for the great Post!

    ReplyDelete